Executive Compensation can be one of the most impactful of HR activities and also one of the most contentious.
Done right it can attract and retain top leadership talent for an organization and drive the behaviours needed to execute on strategy. Done wrong you can face governance concerns, misaligned leadership, and an inability to staff your most impactful roles with top talent.
Being able to attract, retain and motivate talented executives through a well designed and competitive compensation program has enterprise-wide impact on the organization.
Stratford Compensation Benchmarking
Effective benchmarking provides you with the insights necessary to ensure your program is competitive and meeting the objectives of your compensation strategy and philosophy.
Compensation benchmarking services include:
- Defining an appropriate and defensible peer group for benchmarking
- Identifying all elements of total compensation (salary, incentive, LTIP, etc.) to be assessed and benchmarked
- Applying secondary research using our proprietary compensation database, as well as other data sources
- Completing primary research which may involve a custom compensation survey conducted with your unique comparator group(s)
EVP reviews are valuable for all sizes of organizations, in any sector or industry to gain:
- Support with shareholder advisory groups, i.e. ISS
- Clarity on the market compensation for your executive roles
- Accurate, current market data regarding the total compensation for each of your executive roles
- Analysis identifying your current risks or concerns
- Recommendations with associated cost analysis
- Communications and implementation support
We work closely with you to understand your unique context for compensation benchmarking .
- Review or develop the Compensation Philosophy that provides the context for assessment.
- Ensure the right comparator group – your competitive market for talent – is used.
- Fully understand your jobs so that we are matching properly and getting you data for the right jobs.
- Use both primary and secondary research methodologies to ensure we obtain the right data.
- Apply our extensive compensation expertise to provide you with both a summary of results and recommendations to address concerns.
Our Human Resources services bring your organization highly skilled and experienced HR consultants with a proven track record of success. To discuss how we can help you attract and retain key talent, contact our HR team today.