Stratford Managers’ clients, Calian, Thinkwrap Commerce and Kinaxis, have recently been featured in Ottawa media as part of The Best Ottawa Business Awards (The BOBs) and 2017 Ontario EY Entrepreneur of the Year at Ernst & Young’s Annual Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Gala, respectively.
Calian’s CEO, Kevin Ford, was the recipient of this year’s CEO of the Year Award at the BOBs on November 15, 2017. Mr. Ford has been using Stratford Managers’ executive advisory services since his appointment as CEO of Calian in April 2015 and continues to engage with Stratford as both a sounding board to provide strategic advice and “lean in” operational services to support his businesses’ growth plans.
Thinkwrap Commerce has been working with Stratford Managers on strategic planning and was named the Kanata North #SeriousTechLivesHere Company of the Year at the BOBs, based on their ability to display outstanding business and thought leadership, demonstrating excellence in innovation, giving back to the community and demonstrating sound business fundamentals.
Kinaxis’ President and CEO, John Sicard, has worked closely with Stratford Managers in the area of executive coaching to receive leadership development and practical operation advice delivered by former CEOs and senior executives. Kinaxis has also worked with Stratford’s Human Resources team to conduct an Employee Value Proposition (EVP) Review to inform recruitment strategy and investments.
Kinaxis were double winners at this year’s BOBs for Best HR Team and Best Co-Op Employer and Mr. Sicard was the recipient of the 2017 Ontario EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award, with Kinaxis honoured as one of four finalists in EY’s Enterprise Technology category at the EY Awards Gala in Toronto in October 2017. Mr. Sicard will go up against winners from Québec, the Atlantic, Prairies and Pacific for the EY Canadian Entrepreneur Of The Year title in Toronto on Thursday, November 30, 2017. The Canadian winner will go on to compete with winners from more than 50 countries for the title of EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year in June 2018.
Kinaxis was also recognized for its ability to create a competitive advantage in a high-growth market with a prestigious Leadership Award, as part of the 20th annual Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ Awards Program. The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Leadership Award winners are selected by a judging panel based on four key criteria: competitive advantage; growth and market attractiveness; management effectiveness and organization; and financial performance. Leadership Award winners demonstrate innovation, leadership and dominate in their sector to be join the ranks of other Canadian global leaders.
For more information about Stratford Managers’ work with Calian and Kinaxis and their recent wins, view:
- Techopia: Stratford Managers “leans in” to support CEO of the Year Kevin Ford – November 20, 2017 (Page 11)
- Best Ottawa Business 2017 Recipients – November 20, 2017 (Pages 17 to 21)
- Thinkwrap Commerce Receives Kanata North #SeriousTechLivesHere Company of the Year Award! – November 16, 2017
- Techopia Live: 2017 CEO of the Year tells you how to be a better CEO – November 9, 2017
- Kinaxis recognized with the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ Leadership Award – November 9, 2017
- CEO of the Year: Calian’s Kevin Ford climbs to the pinnacle of Ottawa’s tech world – November 3, 2017
- Kinaxis’s John Sicard, Canopy Growth’s Bruce Linton honoured at EY gala – October 26, 2017
- Kevin Ford, CEO, Calian Group Ltd. named “2017 CEO of the Year” – October 19, 2017
- Calian’s $1B deal: Ottawa firm secures 12-year health-care contract – October 2, 2017
- Stratford featured with client Kinaxis in Techopia article – September 14, 2017
- What’s missing to drive hockey stick performance in your business? – May 31, 2017
Photos by Mark Holleron (OBJ) of Kevin Ford, CEO of Calian and 2017 BOBs CEO of the Year and Karen Lloyd (OBJ) of John Sicard, President and CEO of Kinaxis and 2017 Ontario EY Entrepreneur of the Year, respectively.