Stratford Managers’ clients, Calian and Kinaxis, have recently been featured in Ottawa media as the recipients of CEO of the Year from The Best Ottawa Business Awards (The BOBs) and 2017 Ontario EY Entrepreneur of the Year at Ernst & Young’s Annual Entrepreneur of the Year Awards Gala, respectively.
Calian’s CEO, Kevin Ford, has been announced as the recipient of this year’s CEO of the Year Award in the lead up to the BOBs, which will take place on Wednesday, November 15, 2017. Mr. Ford has been using Stratford Managers’ executive advisory services since his appointment as CEO of Calian in April 2015 and continues to engage with Stratford as both a sounding board to provide strategic advice and “lean in” operational services to support his businesses’ growth plans.
Kinaxis’ President and CEO, John Sicard, has worked closely with Stratford Managers in the area of executive coaching to receive leadership development and practical operation advice delivered by former CEOs and senior executives. Mr. Sicard was the recipient of the 2017 Ontario EY Entrepreneur of the Year at the EY Awards Gala in Toronto in October 2017 and Kinaxis was also honoured as one of four finalists in EY’s Enterprise Technology category. Mr. Sicard will go up against winners from Québec, the Atlantic, Prairies and Pacific for the EY Canadian Entrepreneur Of The Year title in Toronto on Thursday, November 30, 2017. The Canadian winner will go on to compete with winners from more than 50 countries for the title of EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year in June 2018.
Kinaxis was also recognized for its ability to create a competitive advantage in a high-growth market with a prestigious Leadership Award, as part of the 20th annual Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ Awards Program. The Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Leadership Award winners are selected by a judging panel based on four key criteria: competitive advantage; growth and market attractiveness; management effectiveness and organization; and financial performance. Leadership Award winners demonstrate innovation, leadership and dominate in their sector to be join the ranks of other Canadian global leaders.
For more information about Stratford Managers’ work with Calian and Kinaxis and their recent wins, view:
- Techopia Live: 2017 CEO of the Year tells you how to be a better CEO – November 9, 2017
- Kinaxis recognized with the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ Leadership Award – November 9, 2017
- CEO of the Year: Calian’s Kevin Ford climbs to the pinnacle of Ottawa’s tech world – November 3, 2017
- Kinaxis’s John Sicard, Canopy Growth’s Bruce Linton honoured at EY gala – October 26, 2017
- Kevin Ford, CEO, Calian Group Ltd. named “2017 CEO of the Year” – October 19, 2017
- Calian’s $1B deal: Ottawa firm secures 12-year health-care contract – October 2, 2017
- Stratford featured with client Kinaxis in Techopia article – September 14, 2017
- What’s missing to drive hockey stick performance in your business? – May 31, 2017
Photos by Mark Holleron (OBJ) of Kevin Ford, CEO of Calian and 2017 BOBs CEO of the Year and Karen Lloyd (OBJ) of John Sicard, President and CEO of Kinaxis and 2017 Ontario EY Entrepreneur of the Year, respectively.