|Evolve a succession management system away from a narrow focus of replacement planning to a future-focused process that addresses the most urgent talent management challenges.
The Business Challenge: Identify Current and Future Talent and Business Needs
What underpins the most effective talent conversation is robust data on current and future business needs, allowing the organization to decide whether the best person right now is someone with all the attributes for the role, or someone with some of the attributes and the potential to grow into roles that will be critical for the business’s future success.
Successful role profiles extend beyond organization-specific skills or knowledge requirements, but include awareness of valuable career stops and acquired learning experiences.
The Solution: Stratford Succession Profile
Stratford Success Profiles for are developed for key positions in a manner that encompasses both current and future needs.
Our process includes:
- Interviews or focus groups with incumbents where the unique perspectives on current and future role requirements are surfaced based on intimate knowledge of changing business and customer needs.
- Internal surveys of role incumbents’ direct managers, peers, and/or direct reports, which offers a secondary perspective of critical roles’ day-to-day activities and responsibilities from those who interact frequently with role incumbent.
- External benchmarking data can provide an alternate point of view on how other companies structure the role and may identify performance gaps with competitors. When Stratford Success Profiles are paired with our future-focused succession management process, evolving business demands and subsequent role requirements are continually assessed.
Implementing Stratford Success Profiles™
- Balance current and future role needs with current capabilities and future potential
- Align expectations for career progression
- Consider changing role requirements with evolving business situations
- Incorporate external, unbiased perspective in deployment discussions
What is a Stratford Success Profile
Our profiles explore multiple areas of a role, and align them to current and future business needs. Areas that are explored include:
- What industry experiences are necessary and role challenges overcome are necessary to be successful in the role?
- What types of relationships, and with whom, are necessary to be successful in this role?
- What market-related and business environmental knowledge is necessary to be successful in this role?
- What specific internal knowledge is necessary to be successful in this role?
- Which personal attributes contribute to success in the role, and which could hold you back?
- What are the short and long-term leadership imperatives for this role?
- How is success measured for the role?
Our Human Resources services bring your organization highly skilled and experienced HR consultants with a proven track record of success. To discuss how we can help you attract and retain key talent, contact our HR team today.