|Stratford Managers offers a suite of career management and development services that will proactively support career and professional development, and build engagement with employees.
The Business Challenge: Engage Business Critical Talent
You’ve identified employees and executives with exceptional capabilities. Now the challenge is to engage them, motivate them, optimize their potential and, above all, retain them. Employees hope to develop their professional skills and career through their day-to-day work.
Career management training, made available to carefully selected individuals, lets them know you’re willing to work with them – and for them – as they build the skills they need to flourish within your organization.
Career management is a lifelong process that includes job enrichment through self-assessment, goal setting, retraining, and mobility. It is critical to job satisfaction for most people. Without goals, our careers may well be shaped by accident, fate or the decisions made by others.
Proactive career management will help you to:
- Focus on opportunities that use your skills and strengths;
- Choose opportunities that match your personality and values;
- Be ready when the opportunity presents itself;
- Feel more in control of the direction of your career; and
- Select opportunities that will be satisfying and fulfilling.
Every time you interact with people at work or with those who are interested in the same things you are, there are potential future opportunities. Be your own advocate but enlist others to help you – colleagues, team leaders, mentors, or advisors.
The Solution: Stratford Career Management Hub
The Career Management Hub provides employees with:
- A progressive and proactive approach to deepening employee engagement.
- Skills to adapt and manage their careers in a changing business environment.
- Preservation and opportunity to extend the use of acquired organizational knowledge.
- A path of change that can be individualized and adapted to one’s own strengths, interests and current place in their career.
Career best experiences occur when three factors are aligned:
- your talents
- your passion and
- an organization’s needs
If only two of the three circles overlap, there’s not enough synergy to create a career best.
Think of a time when you had the talent and experience needed to do your, and the job was something the organization needed to be done – but you no longer had a passion for it. It had become old-hat, boring – clearly NOT a career best. It is not easy to find the ‘place’ where these three circles meet and they do not always remain in alignment. Over time your own talents and passions continue to evolve and the organization’s needs change (sometimes radically).
Our Human Resources services bring your organization highly skilled and experienced HR consultants with a proven track record of success. We can help you and your organization create opportunities to assess this evolvement and how to achieve a career best.